WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
WebCottages treat security and privacy issues on the Internet with the utmost importance. We do our best to ensure your experience of our website is safe and satisfying. We are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office on their public register and everything we do adheres to the Data Protection Act (1998).
We gather certain information on the users of our website in order to process your reservation requests as well as improving the performance of our website – something that our customers value. This privacy statement discloses exactly what information we gather and how we use it.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
WebCottages gathers two types of information of the users of our website:
1) The information that is voluntarily provided through the optional submissions made on the forms on our website. This is likely to be your name, address, date of birth, contact details, information on your fellow travellers and information we may need to process any special requirements.
2) De-personalised Information gathered through aggregated tracking resources which may have placed a cookie on your computer. No information that allows you to be personally identified will be collected. This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed, etc. WebCottages uses this information to measure the use of the website and ultimately to improve the content and usability of the website.
COOKIES & WEB BEACONS
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information that has been voluntarily submitted to us through the forms on our website in order to serve the following purposes:
1) To enable us to complete your booking request
2) To respond to specific requests from visitors;
3) To protect the security or integrity of our Site when necessary;
4) To understand the use of our Site and make improvements;
5) To fulfil prizes;
6) To send you messages from time to time about critical user or service updates
6) To send you notices and solicitations regarding Site and our businesses; and
7) To promote and market products to you. These contacts may be in the form of direct mailings or other couriers, telephone calls or text messages, e-mail solicitations and other methods of contact. If you do not want to receive these solicitations from us using your personally identifiable information, please notify us.
SHARING OF NFORMATION
WebCottages uses the information set out above to tailor our website content and functionality to suit your needs. For the purposes of completing your booking request and save for disclosures required by law, criminal investigations, subpoenas or court orders, we will only ever disclose your name, contact details, traveller information and date of birth to the relevant cottage agency with whom the booking is actually made, or the individual owner of the cottage who uses WebCottages to advertise their property. WebCottages are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of our agency partner websites, nor the individual owners. Therefore, please read carefully the privacy policies of our agency partners before agreeing to their terms.
Consistent with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), WebCottages will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting prior parental consent.
CORRECTING AND UPDATING INFORMATION
TIME WE STORE DATA FOR
We retain information only as long as is necessary to comply with the applicable data laws. Then we will delete it.