The 2013 film ‘The World’s End’ – part of the Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy that includes the films 'Shaun of the Dead' and 'Hot Fuzz' – centres around five childhood friends reuniting to recreate an aborted pub crawl from their late teens. The marathon pub crawl takes place across 12 pubs in the town of Newton Haven. Although Newton Haven is a fictional town, it is possible for you and your friends to stay at our self catering accommodation near Letchworth Garden City in Hertfordshire and enjoy a cold pint in some of the actual pubs from the film:
- The Peartree (AKA The First Post, which is the first pub on the film's epic pub crawl). Address: Hollybush Lane, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 4JJ.
- The Doctors Tonic (the second pub called The Old Familiar in the film). Address: Church Rd, Welwyn Garden City, AL8 6PR.
- The Cork (this bar doubles as The Famous Cock in The World’s End). Address: 9 Howardsgate, Welwyn Garden City, AL8 6AW.
- Three Magnets (AKA The Trusty Servant). Address: 8-20 Leys Ave, Town Centre, Letchworth Garden City, SG6 3EW.
- The Colonnade (AKA The Two Headed Dog). Address: Station Rd, Letchworth Garden City, SG6 3AN.
- The Arena Tavern (AKA The King's Head). Address: 3 Arena Parade, Town Centre, Letchworth Garden City, SG6 3BY.
- The Gardener's Arms. Address: Wilbury Hills Road, Letchworth Garden City, SG6 4LG. If you’ve made it this far, to the famous final pub – The World’s End – you thoroughly deserve a celebratory pint!